DIVA: SYSTEMIC #2

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 23:39:47 PDT 2016

On 7/18/2016 11:10 AM, deucexm wrote:
> That's right!  It's time once more for another foray into ALLCAPS-LAND for....
>
> SYSTEMIC: A DiVerse Alpha Chronicle

I always read the title in the same voice as the guy in Digimon Tamers says to
say "EVOLUTION".

> "Will there be beautiful women?"
>
> John sighed a little.  "I'm /certain/ there will be a fair number of them, madam,"
> he returned, with a long-suffering look back at his two companions.

"BECAUSE IF THERE ARE ANY GIRLS THERE, I WANNA DO THEM"

> Rosewood came as a not-dissimilar 'Rose', albeit with
> flame-red hair and a deep green pantsuit instead of her black hair and armor; the
> purple eyes and Worldbreaker remained unchanged, though.
>
> Hekel, for reasons known only to him (and perhaps to Rose, though she had only
> rolled her eyes and sighed when asked) had made the transit as 'Violet', a dazzling
> blonde lady dressed all in white - ankleboots, capris, sleeveless blouse,
> wrist-length gloves - with a silver-tipped black baton and another beret, this one
> all black with a silver horseshoe on the front.

I want art of this moment. *.*

> “Then I'm in for sure,” the captain's saucy voice sounded from the other end.  “My
> girls have been wanting some new friends, and besides, I haven't been that deep in
> Empire space since... gosh, probably since I first /got/ this ship.  I've learned
> some new tricks since then!”  ('Oh, I'll /bet/ she has,' Violet mouthed.  Rose just
> shook her head and sighed, again.)

*cackle* :3 I love the interactions.

> Violet giggled, and spun on the toe of one boot, twirling her baton.  “Oh, /John/,
> you needn't be so sad to see us go!  We'll be back before you know it~.”
>
> The Polaris patriarch grimaced a little.  “I thought you might say that.”

Hekel is so rad.

> The air convulsed, visibly, like a perfectly polished sheet of metal struck a
> mighty blow by some invisible hammer.  John staggered a little, the accompanying
> wave of force physical and something more as well, as five glowing white points
> winked into existence.  Worldbreaker started humming a bass note that set his teeth
> rattling as each point drew a thick white line to its nearest neighbors, forming a
> pentagon that grew larger and larger until it barely fit in his office.

Mmmmmmm sensory detail aaaaa ~.~ <3

> John said nothing in response to this obvious provocation, merely raising one
> eyebrow in his are-you-serious face (it was becoming a sadly common expression).

X3

> But fortunately for John, he was able to relax for the rest of the day – and the
> next day, and the day after that – and for two whole months afterward, in fact.
> For his part in these particular events, though he didn't know it at the time, had
> come to an end.
>
> Not so the other players, however.

I've told you before that I love this coda but I love this coda. <3

Drew "wubwubwubwubwub" Perron