SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2006 #3: I Don't Think Iowa is Ready...!

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:45:50 PDT 2016

On 7/7/2016 9:39 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> So, are Heroes or Government more of a threat?  The Powernaut has his own
> surprising opinion about this pressing issue of the year, as Powernaut 2006
> continues.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2006.htm#3

Ahhhhh, this is the point where the main character has to catch up with
continuity. Curse you, serial storytelling universes!

> -    Aliens were actually setting foot on Earth, in Powernaut outfits. They
> figured it was Earthling peacekeeper uniforms...  That did not work out well for
> them.

Aw, that's cute tho.

> -    The Earth's friendly Solarian was introducing himself to the world, by
> doing impromptu weather control near the NEXRAD 2 weather control radar in
> Illinois while it was down for maintenance.  That actually *did* work out well
> for him.

Awwwww! Very good! <3

> -    A magic warrior known as the White Knight, had adventured on Earth in the
> 1990s.  But once his realm figured out how the modern era worked, they took home
> "outsourcing" contracts!

Ohhhhh, interesting. I would like to know more about this too.

> I suspect my ladyfriend felt I should have stood up for myself
> instead of giving the Powernaut a chance to stand up for the powerless.  But
> that *was* his only chance to throw a punch during the whole adventure.  So I
> was standing *down* for the Powernaut!

Awwwwwwwwwww! FRIENDSHIP!

> After all that, Ellipsis was no threat as far as I could tell at the time.  Even
> the Powernaut gave up monitoring him.  Heh... We both missed his goal.  (ref:
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/journal_c.htm)

He's a tricky one!

Drew "elliptical weight" Perron