MISC: The Girl Who Saved The World Part 44

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:59:42 PDT 2016

Dangit, I skipped over this one.

On 7/4/2016 6:33 PM, George Phillies wrote:
<snip>
> We are in complete agreement
> with Supreme German Warlord that while there is a possibility of
> incidental or collateral damage, that such damage must be recognized as
> a heroic sacrifice on the part of those suffering the damage, for which
> of course they do not need to be compensated.

You got a weird idea of what heroic sacrifice means, bud.

> It is unfortunate that the
> agreed-upon plan was not successful, but that is the nature of plans.
> They do not always work.

Smartest thing anyone in this room has said so far.

> “Finally, his Wisdom the Emperor notes the great likelihood that this
> Eclipse person given her demonstrated moral purity is to be numbered
> among the ranks of the Faithful,  in which case it is appropriate for
> Hosts of the Faithful to come to her aid if she is attacked.”

Oho. Nice.

> “Already the Great Khan, the Emperor of Manjukuo and All Mongolia, from
> the center of the world to the Polar Sea, has issued the most
> fundamental of all orders: ‘Men and women of the Horde! To your horses!’

I love the idea that there's a Mongol empire. That's a good engagement with history.

> We do not wish Miss Eclipse ill for performing her heroic
> deed, but the Namestone was better left in the Tomb in the hands of the
> Martyr.

A fair point.

> We are a poor but thrifty nation
> and have better uses for our meager resources.”  Buncombe silently
> congratulated himself on saying his final few sentences with a straight
> face.

Heeheeheee

> In particular, Her Majesty’s government is
> disenthused with the notion that foreigners are entitled to appear in
> our country unannounced with the intent of using our lochs and rills to
> fight a war.

That is a great sentence.

> Naturally, we are all gentlemen and
> ladies, and do not employ spies,” the room burst into giggles

*snerk*

> INSERT HERE A PRIVATE MEETING Buncombe, Saigo, Romanoff, Ferencz
> Isn;t it a bit odd that a Lord of Eternity appeared?
> Pavlova
> Trifle
> a proper doux champagne

Hm yes

> Prince Mong-ku sat at the table’s head. It was one of
> those centuries, he thought.

Heeheeheehee

> Starsmasher was in another of his seemingly infinite
> supply of vest-and-cardigan sweater combinations.

*snerk!* <3

> Plasmatrix, she who
> was indeed Plasmatrix-The-Desolation-Of-The-Goddess, was for a change
> wearing real clothing, not her usual strategically-placed bits of
> incandescent plasma, plasma carefully locked behind force screens so it
> would not burn down whichever building she approached.

Have I mentioned I love these guys, because I do.

Drew "approval of continued existence" Perron