[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #59: Kilo Yuga, part 5

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:50:52 PDT 2016

On 6/24/2016 1:57 PM, wilalambre at gmail.com wrote:
<snop>
> "No. I mean... I cannot believe you _defeated_ him! You _killed_ a super-wizard!
> No one's _ever_ killed a super-wizard before! I’ve... always wanted to know if
> our family's space-kung-fu would stand up against a super-wizard’s
> science-sorcery..."
>
> "Yes. Yes! I know! Do you remember when we'd debate this _very thing_ with our
> father? He said it was _impossible_ without first knowing a super-wizard's
> secret name, but..."
>
> "...but I knew, I _knew_ it could be done, yes! Only those few trained as part
> of the Red Hand demonstrated any real ability to fight. Against any _other_
> individual super-wizard, I was supremely confident our martial arts skills could
> overcome their power advantage..."
>
> "...like his shield! He never believed we might slip through thier hardened
> light. But I did _just that_! We were _right_!"

THEY'RE SO CUTE OH MY GOODNESS. <3 <3 <3

Awwwwww. <3 <3 <3

> "Our father _might_ have been correct as to what happens when a super-wizard
> _dies_." Brody pointed at the Stringer's body. A orange glow swelled from the
> vacant, bloody-black eyes. A plume of yellow-white smoke rose up out of the
> gaping open mouth, flushed with incensed radiation. The skin spat out
> electricity, the ferocity and frequency building with each passing second.

Ohhhh shit.

> Then, the Stringer's corpse _exploded_.
>
> All the stored fusion power slipped out of its dead cage with the _nuclear_
> force. The alien world shook, surface to core. A deafening screech sucked in all
> the available air, held it for a half second, then expelled it with unholy
> rumbling and ghastly heat.

WIZARDSPLOSION

> "I'm sorry," Brody whispered solemnly. "You were right."
>
> Andy smiled and replied with as much humour as he could muster, "I'm sorry I was
> right, too."

awwwwwwwwwwwwww <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

> "How were you able to use the Sting Of The Trigger Fish maneuver on the Super
> Wizard From Space with the Schrivener nor the Stringer watching your entire
> confrontation?"
>
> "I simply didn't announce it," he replied with a shrug and a smile.

Not calling your attacks? Truly the height of martial subtlety.

> No. "He trusted _you_, I think."
>
> "I would not have surrendered his Crown."
>
> "I'm not my brother."

:3 <3

> The rocks shifted above. Cracking and crumbling, with the angry wet sound of
> liquid fire. A hole broke open, the night sky a welcome brightness after the
> grim dark below. With a strong grip, the Super Wizard From Space hauled them
> both out, and flew them out of the canyon.

*John Williams theme*

> "I expected _better_ of you, though," the Super Wizard replied, coldly.
>
> "You do not get to judge me," Andy said.
>
> "I get to judge _everyone_."

That's very him.

> This is an opportunity! Walk away from all this devestation. Put an
> _end_ to this madness."
>
> "That's exactly what I intend to do," the Super Wizard From Space said.

That's *also* very him.

> "No one saves us but ourselves," Brody said, resting a hand on Andy's shoulder.
> "No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Indeed.

> Andy turned Brody, ready to rail against his stubborness and his stupidity...
> but he saw the soft face of his father looking back.
>
> And suddenly, he was just... glad Brody was alive.
>
> "Our part's done. Let's go home."

awwwwwww. <3 <3 <3

Drew "space-amazement" Perron