MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World Part 47

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:21:22 PDT 2016

On 7/30/2016 3:46 PM, George Phillies wrote:
> So you're immune to poison?  And you have a headache.  It's a shame
> aspirin is poisonous.

Oh snap. That's true for pretty much every drug, isn't it? At least antibiotics
work...

> At least all my teeth were in the
> right places. Regrowing teeth is really unpleasant.

*visceral eyuuugh*

> However, it was day three after I left the Maze, so all the bruises were
> vigorously reminding me of their existence.  That’s what day three is
> like, the time of maximum discomfort.

Good details here.

Awwwwwwww.

I think we all know that feeling, this year @-@

> I had assumed that people would be grateful that I had recovered the
> Namestone.  Instead, they were preparing to start wars over me.

Aw, sweetie.

> I finished my breakfast, strongly considered putting some more
> pear-raisin compote in the microwave, and decided that I should check on
> my cats and horses first. I did that yesterday, mentalically, and I
> could tell from their minds that everything was fine. Everything, of
> course, except they missed having seen me.

JEEZ ALL OF THIS IS ABOUT ECLIPSE BEING CUTE.

> The barn was two hundred yards from my house. I did it at a slow walk.
> The realtor had apologized profusely to the person he thought was my
> mother for the bad layout.

Aw.

> There had been a time, right after mom threw me out of the house, when I
> was panicked about where I would get money. Fortunately I already had
> another persona ready.

Ahhhhh, good idea. :o

> Notwithstanding the dozen past technical human
> civilizations that have studied them, people really do not understand
> what the solar core structures are, other than that  they are highly
> regular, huge, not made of physical matter, and gradually change in time.

More fascinating worldbuilding!

Drew "so much structure" Perron