DIVA: Pick-Up Team

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:40:54 PDT 2016

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 8:26:28 PM UTC-5, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 2016-04-22 08:41, deucexm wrote:
> > It's difficult sometimes to write self-contained stories, because I always feel
> > like asking 'but what happens next?' even if it's short.
>
> Oh, practically *every* story goes on.  I consider everything you have
> read from me on this newsgroup to be part of one really big story.
> Still, I am lazy and can usually find a convenient break point to stop
> writing at.

I'm bad at stopping.  Admittedly, everything in DIVA /is/ part of one really big
story; each instance thereof just may not be a multi-part story /unto itself/.

> Now, is this another world of the DiVerse, or a video game within it?
> But you can feel free to say "Shut up and read the sequel to find out"!

That wouldn't be very charitable of me, seeing as there's no sequel.  :)

Yes, and yes.  Devworld is an alternate realm of existence where the 'players' -
known as Divers - access it by projecting their /soul/ into it; it's essentially
the astral plane in game form (though there's already an aetheric plane which is
separate from Devworld, yet Devworld exerts influence on it; it gets confusing).
And yes, you can get trapped in Devworld if your body gets messed up while
you're Diving; that's a plot point in one of the as-yet-unpublished (and also
unfinished) stories.

It was created as a joint project by Rosewood and Eris, the DiVerse's Goddesses
of Design and Chaos respectively, and that's a /completely/ different tale.
Because of /course/ they have reasons for making it.  :)