[HCC/Meta] High Concept Challenge #56 : Sheep

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:15:17 PDT 2015

I've just spent the morning trying to update the running list of High
Concept topics, because man it is getting hard to remember what's
already been used.

But anyway, after a bit of thought, I believe I shall declare High
Concept Challenge #56 to be: Sheep.

Interpret that as broadly or as narrowly as you wish.  The animal.
The insult of being a mindless conformist.  Any phrases, like 'being
sheepish', 'A wolf in sheep's clothing' or 'Lions lying down with
lambs'.

Deadline in the usual period of three-ish weeks, so let's make it the
14th October 2015.

Go play.  Have fun.

-----

And for archival completeness, behold the fruits of my mornings labour:

The Running List of High Concept Challenge topics.

2009
 01 - 'The Forgotten Man'
 02 - Superhuman worried about kids; uplifted but
      non-anthropomorphic animals
 03 - Talking to animals
 04 - Kitbashing
 05 - Anachronoid

2010
 06 - "When the Earth becomes infested with hardwired aliens, one
      Earthling and his/her chocolate respond by swimming."
 07 - Olympics
 08 - Opposites
 09 - The Red Planet
 10 - The Immigrant Experience
 11 - Death traps
 12 - Under the weather
 13 - A legacy reclaimed
 14 - Surprisingly awesome animal hero
 15 - The new job / Subterranean world
 16 - The epic poem

2011
 17 - Zombies
 18 - Unicorn / sasquatch war
 19 - 'What is the secret of the silver skull machine?'
 20 - Behind blue eyes
 21 - Summer blockbuster!
 22 - Someone else's characters
 23 - Mythrepresentation
 24 - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
 25 - Le challenge French
 26 - 24 minute challenge

2012
 27 - The element of surprise
 28 - The last place you'd think to look
 29 - 'Recast In the name Of good, ye not guilty'
 30 - 'The Challenge From Before' : Legion of Net.Heroes #50
      collaboration
 31 - Big monster battle
 32 - Lateness : in the running behind schedule sense
 33 - (Neo)Edwardian comedy of manners and/or an apocalyptic
      Christian rapture
 34 - Working class hero

2013
 35 - Ruined forever!
 36 - Secret identity discovered
 36.5 One minute origin : brief and distilled origin story for a hero
 37 - Collaboration challenge : story produced in collaboration with
      another writer
 38 - Super-pets
 39 - Movie plot mash-ups : a combination of three different movie plots
 40 - Missing adventures
 41 - 'Christmas, with all its ancient horrors'

2014
 42 - Beyond the walls of genre
 43 - The Eruption of the fantastic into the mundane
 44 - Back from the dead
 45 - An awkward situation
 46 - Waiting For the bus in the rain : challenge of public transport
 47 - Team-up
 48 - A whole 'nuther country
 49 - Slice of life : Two or more genre characters share a pizza, and
      nothing happens
 50 - An anniversary celebration

2015
 51 - 'The truth about my identity'
 52 - Shipping : in the fandom sense, not the commerce sense
 53 - Gender defenders
 54 - 'Neon Talking Super Street Bat-Luge' : insert an element to
      promote a tie-in line of toys
 55 - 'Required elements' : a specific prop, line of dialog, character,
      animal, and location
 56 - Sheep

---
Saxon Brenton