8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 21, September 2015, by Brenton, McClure, Perron, Russell, and Russell

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:43:23 PDT 2015

On 9/11/2015 5:31 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
<snip>

 > Generally my work in Eightfold, especially of late, focuses on gender parity
 > and female empowerment-- on positive movement forward, while still
 > acknowledging the obstacles that exist. In certain periods this is easier to
 > pull off than others-- I think, for example, that when say doing an Old West
 > serial, one is obligated to recognize the plight of non-white non-males and
 > the restrictive, oppressive strictures of the prevailing social order.

On the one hand, that's true. On the other hand, history isn't a straight shot
forward into further progressiveness, and it's important to note that the
frontier gave a lot of people opportunities to be themselves and be respected
that they otherwise wouldn't have had. On the other other hand, I think you've
been doing that meaningfully - for instance, getting a transman in there was an
excellent idea.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, has to work on some LNH Wild West stuff,
featuring Mozella the Thunderbird.