8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 21, September 2015, by Brenton, McClure, Perron, Russell, and Russell

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:37:51 PDT 2015

On 9/10/2015 11:55 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 2:36:12 AM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> Hmmmmm. I might've made a bit more explicit of a link between her not knowing
>> where she was going in life and being drawn onto this bus - but on the other
>> hand, I know well the pain of running out of room. @.@ (See my comments on my story.
 >
 > I often write by hinting at the implication of ideas instead of stating them
 > directly, letting them actively work in the readers' minds. Of course, my
 > stories are also really dense with ideas, so I'm not sure the implications
 > always come through.

That's fair.

>> Oooooooh. o.o Fascinating... this is kind of like the opposite of that one issue
>> of Nonfiction, isn't it?
 >
 > Well the whole ending with an outsider to the 8fold universe ending up in it
 > was apropos. I still, to be honest, don't really feel like I "get" the 8fold
 > world, though I certainly find it interesting. This means that most of my
 > Medley bits will not have much to do with other peoples' work, unlike my
 > highly fanwanky LNH stories.

That is also fair! Mine started off as focused on new concepts, and often still
are, but I've been following up on other people's concepts more recently - the
use of Medusa here, the reference back to the tlonic event a couple issues ago,
my mini-epilog to the Pulse War, that Mask With No Name story...

>> Honestly, I think I might've bitten off more than I could chew with this - the
>> main idea may well have been too much to try and get in a one-page story. ^^;
 >
 > I really liked it, though! A longer form work built around these ideas could
 > be interesting.

Hmmmm! Guess I'm going to have to do a sequel - maybe as an issue of Journey Into?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, misses the ellipsis.