LNH: Dashing Tales #5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:29:07 PDT 2015

On 9/9/2015 2:58 AM, Ben Rawluk wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 9:58:06 PM UTC-7, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> Ooooh, that's a good point - just because Emma *thinks* that's how it is doesn't
>> mean that's actually how it is, and the same heroic weirdoes aren't the ones
>> that are good at PR. (And that same classism probably pushes stories about it
>> out of the mainstream media.)
>
>Right. I think there are also pockets of LNHers throughout the city who don't
 > necessarily hang around at LNHQ a lot and fight the fight on the street,
 > Heroes for Hire style.

Makes sense!

>>> (Also, you'll have to narrow down "heroic weirdo" for me, that's like 95% of the roster!)
>>
>> That's a good point. XD I mean mostly the ones who have a sort of Silver Age-y
>> conception of Justice, or who are just generally Heroic with a capital H, a la
>> Captain Carrot (the Discworld one, not the furry one, who's a lot more of the
>> snarker hero).
>
>I was picturing more like the street-level weirdos. Hovel Homes reads a bit
 > like fictionalized MCU version of Hell's Kitchen to me.

Oh, sure - that's what I meant by Frank Miller types. But someone like
Easily-Discovered Man also seems like the type who would run in there at the
drop of a hat (for him, a garish neon baseball cap from 1992).

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who is street-level because he doesn't want
to move a couch up three flights of stairs.