LNH: Dashing Tales #5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:58:05 PDT 2015

On 9/8/2015 11:02 PM, Ben Rawluk wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 7:00:00 PM UTC-7, Andrew Perron wrote:
>>   > Especially in Hovel Homes, where the Legion don't tend to visit too often.
>> Actually, this point has come up a couple of times and it confuses me. Classism
>> is one thing, but I don't think that the "heroic weirdo" segment of the roster
>> is going to be dissuaded by that - indeed, they'd probably take it as a
>> challenge. And that's not counting the Frank Miller-esque ones...
>
 > I think there's a lot of space to explore in Net.ropolis even now, and I'm
 > kind of pushing a little bit in the direction of there being a lot more
 > activity in some places (like Hovel Homes or the Shimbleshanks) than people
 > are seeing. And I think the LNH doesn't necessarily publicize a lot of the
 > smaller/local stuff they're doing.

Ooooh, that's a good point - just because Emma *thinks* that's how it is doesn't
mean that's actually how it is, and the same heroic weirdoes aren't the ones
that are good at PR. (And that same classism probably pushes stories about it
out of the mainstream media.)

> (Also, you'll have to narrow down "heroic weirdo" for me, that's like 95% of the roster!)

That's a good point. XD I mean mostly the ones who have a sort of Silver Age-y
conception of Justice, or who are just generally Heroic with a capital H, a la
Captain Carrot (the Discworld one, not the furry one, who's a lot more of the
snarker hero).

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, definitely a heroic weirdo