LNH: Dashing Tales #5

Ben Rawluk ben.rawluk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:05:00 PDT 2015

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 4:34:25 PM UTC-7, Scott Eiler wrote:

> You are writing stories faster than I can write comments!  So I just
> wanted to say, this is the sort of common-person-in-a-super-universe
> story that got me writing a bunch of my own stuff.  But I've been at
> that plotline so long, the common person I started with is now a senior
> superhuman and has been a National Security Adviser.  I'd wanted to get
> back to basics with Clueless Lad, but now he's trapped in a time bubble...

These have been really good for breaking me out of a bad period of being blocked and not getting all cramped up overthinking things, so -- yeah, they're coming a little fast.

I mean, the "common people" story inevitably gets changed by extended contact with super-heroes, right? That just happens. Got to let them evolve a little bit. But the LNH's absurdity levels are good for letting you retain a little bit of the side-eye even as they end up in costumes or floating or time-travelling.