LNH: The Daily LNH Wiki Entry Spotlight #43

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 13:12:20 PDT 2015

On 10/8/2015 10:55 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> I have some insight into the evangelical splinter-forms of Protestantism, so
> I've now contributed slightly to the entry.

That's a useful point - all the examples given definitely fall into that category.

> I'm tempted to label him a Baptist.  But theologically that does not narrow
> things down at all.  Personally, I suspect he is a follower of some bed-ridden
> mentor called Holy Herbert or something, and has reservations about the piety of
> *every* other Christian everywhere.
>
> .... not that I would ever have come across such a guy on the Internet, of course.

Of course not. `-` Though how he feels about other Christians has been up and
down. I get the feeling that he'd stay away from the thing the right wing does,
attacking others' holiness to prove how holy they are; he feels more like a
tragic hero, trying to do the right thing but locked into a dogmatic viewpoint
that sees other people having their own agency as wrong.

(I mean, he's also an asshole about it, don't get me wrong. A tragic asshole.)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, a traghole?