SW10/WWW: Power School 2012 #6: Nice Buffaloes! Have Some Candy!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Oct 14 18:59:48 PDT 2015

With that mighty phrase, a century of Powernaut comics reaches its
resolution.  Power School 2012 is concluded!  ... Hey, does that thing
in the final panel want some candy too?

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2012.htm#6

There are questions about Powernaut history, which people won't be able
to answer in-story.  So I'll contribute...  Any Earthling of good will,
who isn't too stubborn to change their lives, may be on Earth-Powernaut
(Earth-SW12) now.  It has about four billion residents now.  History is
as much like the original Earth-SW10 as possible without those who
stayed behind.  So World War 2 still happened, and a Powernaut still
fought the Aryan Skull, but the Secret Commando was not there; the
Ferguson family never existed there.  Neither did many villains.
However, the Powernauts still remember certain people and battles which
never existed in their world.  Wyatt Ferguson and Spanker 4 are both
important to their history.  And when Powernauts were screening things
to exist in their world, they neglected to exclude a certain sewage
facility in New Delhi, India!  Heh.

I've changed the final panel of Powernaut 2012 in impromptu manner...
Powernaut 2012 was never part of my original plan, because that plan was
back in 2011.  When I got to 2012, its original concept was a serial in
the same year, like 2005.  But the universes need Powernauts moving
forward.  So the sequel to Powernaut 2012 will be Powernaut 2013!
Powernaut 2015 (or 2016 by then, but I like 2015) will be important.

In a personal note:  I work where The Corporation makes people fight
over desks to work at.  One time I got a snarky note, to denounce my
daring to leave The Corporation's computer securely tethered to one
workspace (rather than, say, put it in a locker that would not lock, or
take it home which seems not quite so secure).  That note was printed on
company paper, with plenty of room left to draw Powernaut comics upon.
I am proud to say, I saved that particular piece of paper to draw a
*special* comic upon.  I have now developed a *century* of Powernaut
comics, and the crowning phrase of those is now: "Nice Buffaloes! Have
Some Candy!"  That piece of paper shall forever hold the art which goes
with that phrase.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 14 October 2015.

... And we have one more question for Pauly! ...

Bonus Section: Pauly's ONLINE Pen Pals!

*  Wally V.

If Powernauts are masters of power, and the Hippie-Powernaut is a master
of power *plus a pacifist*, why did he have to renounce his power when
the hypno-buffaloes started rampaging?

*  Pauly Poderr

Hi, Wally!  I know Professor Powernaut can use peaceful powers, like
force fields. Maybe the buffaloes were interfering even with those,
though.  But I *didn't* ask him about that, because he usually knows
what he's doing.  This time was no exception.  It made my friend Vicki
feel so good to be the one who saved the day.  And he knew perfectly
well she had the power to.

I know. - Archie Andrews