SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2012 #5: Huh?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Oct 11 09:12:45 PDT 2015

One more Author's Note here...  I set a record!  Up 'til now, I'd only
fit thirty-nine full-sized character portrayals into a single Powernaut
comic before (1969 #19, the crowd scene in Hypergaard).  I got up to
forty-two for 2005 #41, the Christmas Dinner scene in Iraq, by drawing
very small drawings.  But 2012 #5 shatters both those records.  With all
the Powernauts, buffaloes, and Obamas, the strip has forty-eight
portrayals, all nearly full-sized!

On 10/7/2015 7:23 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> ... The only good response is, Oh, My.  The grand confrontation of
> Powernauts vs. Buffaloes vs. Obamas is reaching its conclusion - and
> Powernauts are helpless!  Buffaloes are about to receive a very stern
> talking-to...  Can anything save them??
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2012.htm#5

> Our friend Pauly couldn't find any questions for this week.  So I have a
> question for *you*:  What game does any superhero school play on
> Homecoming weekend?
>
> "Homecoming" is an opportunity for former students to come back to
> school.  All U.S. schools play American football on that weekend.  In
> Marvel Comics, they play that game too.  (Avengers Academy vs. the Jean
> Grey School for Gifted Youngsters got in one epic game, before the
> Marvel Universe fell apart.)  But in the modern age of Powernauts,
> traditional football is not fully inclusive...  unless the less
> physically-inclined get to be coaches in some meaningful sense, like
> controlling the game device in a game of strategy!
>
> I've made some early attempts at such a game, in which the controllers
> (for instance) control powered armor.  I called those games
> "Tekno-Otelo".  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wave2.htm#teknootelo2
> ...  But I've never brought it all together.  So...  Suggestions?  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews