REPOST: RAC Challenge! #10

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:19:47 PDT 2015

On 10/8/2015 11:09 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 10/8/2015 12:48 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> You know, it's incredibly frustrating to have characters that jump to
>> killing as a solution, rather than "tell the person who has obvious good
>> intentions and will believe you not to do the obviously bad thing", and
>> the narrative supports the idea that this was a Tough Decision That They
>> Had To Make. >:/
>
> Yeah, well, we can't all be post-1990s heroes.

Sure, but we can all have thoughtful narratives. >:/

> But let's work with 1990s concepts...  Would you feel better if the LNH'iving
> Tribunal or something had banished those other stories to another branch of the
> Looniverse?  We could always retcon such a decision!  But, in LNH terms... Would
> such stories survive, or would their universes stagnate?

Well, my problem isn't so much the Canon Status as it is saying, "This stuff
you're invested in, that you worked so hard on, doesn't add anything to the
story. We can ignore 90% of it and it'll be much better." And following that up
with such a boring chapter is painful, especially since the last chapter was so
interesting and good, and *that*'s where you chose to start cutting.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sometimes necessary cuts need to be made.
This was not one of those times.