MISC: The Girl Who Saved The World Part 11

George Phillies phillies at 4liberty.net
Sun Nov 29 20:17:35 PST 2015

and here are some good and bad guys:

Chapter Three
Secure Chamber Alpha
The Palace of Peace
Geneva, Switzerland
Morning
January 12, 2018

League Chancellor Lars Holmgren tapped his walnut gavel twice on its
bloodwood sounding block. “Good morning! Gentlemen?  Ladies?  I know it
has been a very long night.  May we have order, please? This meeting of
the League of Nations Special Peace Executive is now in session, Prince
Wang taking any needed notes.  Thank you, Prince Wang. I believe we have
all reviewed the recordings of Wednesday’s events. I have circulated an
agenda. Under the non-emergency rules, we begin by naming ourselves.”

“For the American Republic, Thaddeus Buncombe.” Buncombe, wearing a
classic pinstripe three-piece suit with broad red, white, and blue
vertical-striped tie, leaned back in his chair.  Now, he thought, there
would be the foreign kings and princes, their representatives, and their
  pompous titles. He looked around the room.  The Peace Executive sat at
a horseshoe-shaped white marble table, with Holmgren in the middle and
Buncombe at the heel of the horseshoe’s right branch.  The walls and
floor were the same brilliant white marble, carved and inlaid with what
the European founders of the League viewed as scenes showing the triumph
of civilization.  To Buncombe’s eyes those scenes mostly represented
Europeans trampling other parts of the world under foot. Curiously,
images of King George the Mad attempting to trample America were
conspicuous for their absence.

“For Austria-Hungary,  Count Karl-Michael Ferencz .” Buncombe nodded
respectfully.  King-Emperor Joseph III had spent forty years requiring
that his representatives be highly competent. The Count might have a
title, but he had surely earned his post.

“The Brazilian Empire, Amanda Rafaela Mascarenhas da Silva.” The speaker
was a woman in her early fifties, hair a deep black, her blouse, vest,
and long dress a brilliant royal blue fringed in gold.

“For the Queen-Empress Victoria, the Third of her Name, Lord Reginald
Featherstonehaugh.” The current Featherstonehaugh, Buncombe considered
was considerably less arrogant than his father, who Americans could
readily imagine as one of the crown officials who cheered on King George
III, George the Mad, as he launched the 1774 British invasion of America.