MISC: racc Digest, Vol 148, Issue 13

George Phillies phillies at 4liberty.net
Sat Nov 14 17:14:06 PST 2015

Many thanks for your comments.
I much appreciated them.

>> The usual third at her table was the seventh-grade boy who, if pressed,
>> claimed he was Silk's heroic side-kick, there to protect her from truly
>> dangerous villains.  He had his trusty slingshot for that.  He confessed
>> that he never carried his slingshot.  Someone could get hurt.
>
> Oh my god what a cutie.

Wait until you learn the other 99% of it.

There will come the moment when a very pretty young lady shows up. She
announces that she is his girlfriend. He arrives later after she has
left. He knows absolutely nothing about her. The two older girls have
great fun asking him about his girlfriend and what they have been doing.

>> The text alternated every few seconds between orange
>> lettering on a blue field and violet lettering on a yellow field, colors
>> reserved for the most serious emergencies.
>
> Ow. I can see why.

Some things are so horrible they cannot be imagined.  This scheme was
not imagined.

Once upon a time, many years ago, there were computers in which for the
first time you could program the background and command line interface
colors.  There was also if you borrowed a bit a version of the Holy
Blink Icon.

One of my graduate students reprogrammed a lab computer to do the above
display colors as its normal -- using the word broadly -- display.

The outcome is even more ghastly than it sounds. There was also a
version in which hot pink was one of the colors in use.

I am sure there is a super character based on the blink icon, but
everyone who works out what it is has hysterical amnesia.