SW10/WWW: Power School 2012 #6: Nice Buffaloes! Have Some Candy!

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 00:23:55 PST 2015

On 10/14/2015 9:59 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> With that mighty phrase, a century of Powernaut comics reaches its resolution.
> Power School 2012 is concluded!  ... Hey, does that thing in the final panel
> want some candy too?
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2012.htm#6

I feel like the latter half of this series had just a bit too much going on. The
explanation for what was happening with the buffaloes didn't really feel like
enough, even by Silver Age standards, and the last strip doesn't have the space
to properly finish off. Overall, while the comic strip format usually works
quite well with your storytelling style, here, I feel like we could've used a
bit more room.

That said - I think the space restraints actually really help that last panel.
It's eerily effective, and all the more so for just being this stark image, so
different in style from the rest of the primary-colored strip.

> I've changed the final panel of Powernaut 2012 in impromptu manner... Powernaut
> 2012 was never part of my original plan, because that plan was back in 2011.
> When I got to 2012, its original concept was a serial in the same year, like
> 2005.  But the universes need Powernauts moving forward.  So the sequel to
> Powernaut 2012 will be Powernaut 2013! Powernaut 2015 (or 2016 by then, but I
> like 2015) will be important.

Woo! <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, looking forward... TO THE FUTURE!