SW10: New Bosnia #6: The Land of Blood and Honey (plus WWW: Superhuman World Wiki: Super Savior!)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat May 30 20:19:54 PDT 2015

On 5/28/2015 10:45 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Author's Note:  I designed this week's two publications to go together.  What
> a concept.  Let's start with the Superhuman World Wiki entry which explains
> why a former basketball player gets called the Super Savior.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Super_Savior.htm

It's interesting. He seems like a fairly stand-up guy, yet the plot that
kicked off this series seemed more than a little skeevy.

> Scott Stiles said, "Duck.  Psychovant.  We're fighting for liberty here.  Have
> you picked a side?"
>
> The demon duck laughed.  "Ha!  Depends...  Where's yer rabbit??"

I do love the characters who are consistently following their own goals, which
may or may not align with those of the heroes.

> "Ya idjit.  I saw the Monster Bees feed - in a rhododendron garden!  Any honey
> they made after that is poison - 'least for you 'cause yer not a duck!  Yeah,
> *you'll* prob'ly recover, 'specially if ya just sniffed it."
>
> "... Uh, I get that you're a walking encyclopedia, but how are you reaching
> all these conclusions?"
>
> "...  Huh.  Must be the Kube."

Oh, yeah, because bringing knowledge! That's a thing Adrian established that I
definitely didn't forget >.>;;;

> The cyborg demon duck stashed the cube in a
> pocket.  Then he said, "Anyway, I betcha feel a bit woozy. Especially NOW!"
> He pulled an impossibly large mallet from another pocket, and in one fluid
> motion smashed Scott Stiles down hard enough to dent the stands.

I love Psychovant <3

> But then the energies dissipated, and the cube dissolved!
>
>  From out Scott's pocket, a man-sized rabbit exploded and stood on two legs -
> in a costume.  Atomic Bunny said, "There's been a cosmic reboot!  Out there
> somewhere!  I can feel it!  I'M BACK!"

OH SNAP. It looks like Net.Access's boundless enthusiasm for ridiculous
superheroics transcends the limits of imprint!

> Scott Stiles knew this bee.  "Gavrilo!"  The bee jerked briefly, but Scott
> knew he could only count on one more command.  "Turn off your magic!"
>
> The power shield disappeared.

Quick thinking!

> "Free him!"  Scott pointed across the stadium, at the Sentinel draped upon the
> goalpost.
>
> "Ehh, human, that is no living being."
>
> "Whaat?  They killed him??"
>
> "Killed whom?  ... No, that is just a decoy.  Where I come from, we call them
> Scarecrows.  Enough?"

Hmmmmmm? o.o

> Scott shook his head one last time, and looked up toward the sportcasters'
> stand in the stadium.  "And Lateran's probably in *there*.  So *that* place is
> *my* job.  I am gonna be ready, right now!"  He ran to build up his speed,
> then *jumped* toward the stand, section by section.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

> (Factor)  Yeah, the Turks let their enemies in.  At least the one *Magic*
> Monster Bee knew when enemies are coming.  So they set up a lovely ambush.

Ahhhhh, very nice.

> (Factor)  Monster Bees are still around, and they serve their new queen who in
> turn serves the Turkish Empire!

Have they been spreading their status offscreen? o.o

> But meanwhile in a distant universe, the Legion of Net.Heroes has been
> (briefly) made Never Was.  That means:  (1) Kubrick's Kubes have disappeared.
> (2) Atomic Bunny's been rebooted to his 1950s powers.

Hmmmmm! Now I wonder what happened to the Tooniverse in the wake of the reboot
- I would add another ending scene, but #13 is in the can, and I'm posting it
tomorrow, hell or high water.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, that's a good expression