TOF/HCC: Torpy the Torpedo: A Li'l Platinum Book #2 (HCC54)

Michael D Friedman mdfriedman at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:52:07 PDT 2015

TALES OF FICTION presents...

TORPY THE TORPEDO: A LI'L PLATINUM BOOK

BOOK #2: "Torpy the Torpedo Discovers Atlantis"

Written by Michael D Friedman

This is the second in a series of children's novels. The original book, "Torpy the Torpedo," was a best-seller and started a line of toys and an animated series. The publisher/toy company requested several sequels to the original book. This is the first sequel...

Torpy the Torpedo was swimming one day
He ran into Sammy (the starfish) in the bay
Sammy said, "How do you do?"
Torpy replied, "I'm fine, how are you?"

Sammy sighed and said, "I want to explore"
Torpy said sure, "The ocean floor?"
"I've explored the floor, but it's such a bore.
Believe it or not, I want to see more!"

Torpy put on his Torpy Adventure Goggles((tm))
"I have an exciting idea! I'm all a-boggle!
We can search for Atlantis in the great big sea
You will see more if you wear these, see?"

Sammy said "yeah" and put on the eyewear
He thought for a minute they shouldn't go there
But then he thought more and said, "Why not?
There's a legend of the Battle Sea Aquanaut ((tm))"

"Battle Sea Aquanaut?" Torpy inquired.
It's a big submarine from space that Sammy admired
It has big flashing lights and a missile to fire
And includes glow in the dark monster truck tires!

Just then Tammy the Toirtose swam up
She asked what was shaking by saying "wassup?"
"We're going exploring!" said Torpy the Torpedo,
"To find the lost city, isn't that neat-o?"

The three finally found the ancient sunk city
It was buried down deep, but still very pretty
Oh! The sights they saw were to behold,
The Atlantean Train Set((tm)) and the Dungeon Keep's Hold!((tm))

After their journey, the friends all went home
To the place better known as the TorpedoDome((tm))
With it's huge storage size and bloops and beeps
The three sea friends went fast to sleep

THE END.

AUTHORS NOTE: Yes, I realize this is Book #2 and you've not seen Book #1 yet. The original Torpy the Torpedo book was referenced in The Truth About Fiction #4 (recently posted). One day, I will get around to writing Book #1. I actually have a real idea for a children's novel based on a talking torpedo... I may actually illustrate it. Anyway, I saw the latest HCC and figured that this would be a great way I could participate.