TOF: The Truth About Fiction #3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 20 20:56:21 PDT 2015

On 5/20/2015 5:12 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 5/19/2015 10:12 AM, Michael D Friedman wrote:
>
>> "But most importantly, I know how much the truth means to you. I
>> know you want to be a world-famous journalist someday. Well,
>> grandson, that time is now. You are now owner, CEO and
>> editor-in-chief of _The World News Weekly_, the top-selling
>> publication in the world today!"
>>
>> I'm about to cry. It may be the most best-selling "newspaper" (I
>> use the term loosely), but it's also the most ridiculous, featuring
>> stories about Boy-Bat Creatures, Psychic Kittens and Bigfoot.

Ah, I see we're inspired by the same source.  You might check the first
Powernaut 1969 webcomic
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1969.htm) for a cartoon of
the equivalent professional journal of my universe, and then have fun
with the "Search the Powernaut Archives!" field for the magazine name
you find in that panel to find its modern publication.  8{D>

>> Yeah, I'm going to be taken really seriously as a journalist...
>
> Ahhhhhhh, interesting. I now have an expectation as to where this is
> going; let's see if it's fulfilled or not, and which would be better...
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, mushroom mushroom

With a title like "The Truth About Fiction", I was always kind of
expecting the Weekly World News - at least for starters.  We can't go
diving right into elder gods and metafiction in issue #4, after all.

I know. - Archie Andrews