SW10/WWW: The Superhuman World Wiki: Ellipsis and Total Conversion!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:56:47 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 1:01:41 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 10:41 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> > On 5/15/2015 9:19 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ellipsis.htm
> >
> > Hmmmm. Not sure the "Location" line works, since it's going to change so
> > often?
>
> At most, as often as I write an Ellipsis story.  That's something like
> once every three years right now.

True, but still. Maybe it would be better phrased as "Base of Operations"?

> > Also, holy crap, Ellipsis is AMAZING. It seems like he's a ridiculously
> > powerful character who's actually treated appropriately by the narrative
> > - given, essentially, Ellipsis-level storylines.
>
> Why thank you.  He did start out as pure adolescent male angsty power
> fantasy.  But given the concept and how long he's lasted, it seems
> appropriate to make him even more powerful.  And I learned early on to
> not let him mess with other people's adventures.

Responsible powerplay! That's what I like to see.

> >> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Total_Conversion.htm
> >
> > You know, hearing this mentioned in passing, I always thought, "Wow,
> > this sort of sounds like a fascist supervillain team." ...I wasn't
> > entirely wrong. (But not entirely right either. I LOVE ELLIPSIS.)
>
> heh, yeah, not entirely wrong.  But I established early on, that Total
> Conversion works better with hyper-libertarians than with fascists.  I
> actually gave the initial group of creators a choice of whom to work
> for:  Ellipsis or the NSA.  Now that *latter* would be your fascist
> enforcer team.  But the vote was Ellipsis, 7 to 1.

Fascinating! <3 Love to work with cool people.

> > Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, should take lessons in this for SMC
> > worldbuilding.
>
> Oh, my.  From what I've seen of the Strange Moon Chronicles, the world
> would be very different if you threw in a mutant supergenius with the
> power of an antimatter reactor.

Actually, there are a few Extras who are about that level of power - and some of them have had political aspirations. But high school is pretty divorced from that context, so we haven't really gotten into anything with, say, the Central African Protectorate yet.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, needs to look that name up on the wiki to make sure it's right