SW10/WWW: The Superhuman World Wiki: Ellipsis and Total Conversion!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 20 10:01:40 PDT 2015

On 05/19/2015 10:41 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 5/15/2015 9:19 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ellipsis.htm
>
> Hmmmm. Not sure the "Location" line works, since it's going to change so
> often?

At most, as often as I write an Ellipsis story.  That's something like
once every three years right now.

> Also, holy crap, Ellipsis is AMAZING. It seems like he's a ridiculously
> powerful character who's actually treated appropriately by the narrative
> - given, essentially, Ellipsis-level storylines.

Why thank you.  He did start out as pure adolescent male angsty power
fantasy.  But given the concept and how long he's lasted, it seems
appropriate to make him even more powerful.  And I learned early on to
not let him mess with other people's adventures.

>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Total_Conversion.htm
>
> You know, hearing this mentioned in passing, I always thought, "Wow,
> this sort of sounds like a fascist supervillain team." ...I wasn't
> entirely wrong. (But not entirely right either. I LOVE ELLIPSIS.)

heh, yeah, not entirely wrong.  But I established early on, that Total
Conversion works better with hyper-libertarians than with fascists.  I
actually gave the initial group of creators a choice of whom to work
for:  Ellipsis or the NSA.  Now that *latter* would be your fascist
enforcer team.  But the vote was Ellipsis, 7 to 1.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, should take lessons in this for SMC
> worldbuilding.

Oh, my.  From what I've seen of the Strange Moon Chronicles, the world
would be very different if you threw in a mutant supergenius with the
power of an antimatter reactor.