GODLING # 49 All-American Hero style? by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:39:36 PDT 2015

On 5/13/2015 10:37 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 5/12/2015 6:29 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
<snip>
>> (Honestly, I'm also a bit uncomfortable with how the Greek gods are
>> used, considering there are people who worship them today,
>
> though those people are even harder to find than practicing Druids,

I actually know one Hellenic worshipper and one practitioner of Asatru, but no
Druids.

>> but
>> honestly you're like number one million in line for that behind, oh I
>> don't know, ALL OF WESTERN CULTURE @.@)
>
> This reminds me of that time Thor fought Shiva in Marvel Comics.  Thor had a
> hammer full of the powers of multiple pantheons, most of which were defunct.
> Shiva had, well, one billion active believers for whom he was part of the
> godhead.  People have long since wondered why Thor won that one.

Oh god. I remember reading about that, and its weird, screwed-up
characterization of Shiva. That's almost as bad as the time someone (was it
Gerry Conway?) had Wonder Woman refer to a "one, true god" over all.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, used to know Wiccans, but not nowadays.