8FOLD/ACRA: Nonfiction # 5, "Justice for Julie Ann"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 6 18:14:20 PDT 2015

On 5/5/2015 5:13 PM, Tom Russell wrote:

>     Second, there are some who refuse to speak for Julie Ann Justice
> because she was not born a human female, though she has acted and
> identified as a woman for her entire adult life. Said one "feminist",
> "This is really about women, and so we should we speaking for,
> standing up for, real women." Because, I guess, some people "deserve"
> to be marginalized; some groups, it's okay to discriminate against.
> This ugly prejudice is one these "allies" share with #realjustice.

... Oh, my.

This article is both topical and excellent.  I especially like the
principle that even when things are different from our world, there are
still problems because "it's always something".  At my finer moments,
I've treated my own Earth 2011 world outbreak of global cooling like
that.  But this outbreak is uglier, because it's of human origin.

I know. - Archie Andrews