DIVA: Jetbird and the Kid #2

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:49:38 PDT 2015

On 3/15/2015 6:15 PM, deucexm wrote:
> Finally, another entry from the halls of the DiVerse!

Heck yes. <3

> Jetbird close
> behind in his dark green Zouave jacket and faded black shirt and trousers,

Which kind of jacket?

> Jetbird had fitted it with
> wheels, a steering system, and a surprisingly powerful motor that had come in handy
> on more than one occasion - it could support the combined weight of the trunk and
> the two of them, and propel the whole mess at speeds that were, quite frankly, a
> little nerve-wracking even under ordinary circumstances.

Oh man, I *need* to see a scene with this.

>     In only a few minutes, the three of them made their way to a large white house a
> stone's throw from the rest of the town, surrounded by a metal fence painted what
> had once been a bright white, though the wind and rain and dust had taken their
> toll on the coating.  Miriam advanced to the gate and withdrew a small key from one
> of her pockets, unlocking and then opening the gate with a quiet whine of metal on
> metal.  "In here, gentlemen, then we may talk unhindered."

This is some really nice description, here.

>     As might be expected of a house of one of the major families, it was luxurious.

Must know more about them.

>     "So where's this filtration system of yours kept, Ms. Miriam?" he asked, rising
> to his feet as the Kid followed suit.  "I'd like to see just what we're dealing
> with here before I make any promises."

WATER FILTRATION SYSTEMS: THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE

Good stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing what messy problems lie under
the hood.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, worldbuilding worldbuilding