HCC: High Concept Challenge # 52, Shipping

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:45:01 PDT 2015

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 6:10:42 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:

> I looked up "fandom shipping" so I could know what you're talking about.
>   Powernaut Comics will have a buddy sequence coming up soon that might
> qualify.  But I might have to submit it as a preview 'cause I'm being
> kind of loose with my publication schedule soon.

One of my important issues--Just Another Cascade #12--also fits this prompt perfectly so I'll be aiming to finish it up for this. Yay deadlines!

I've been thinking lately about comics and romance. Romance used to be one of the central parts of the superhero genre, but superhero comics as a whole moved away from soap opera with what Andrew has been calling the "Diamond Age" (the period between the Dark Age and the current Modern Age). We're seeing a little more exploration of that now, which is part of the increasind consolidation and visibility of more diverse audiences, as well as the influence of the MCU and MCU fandom. It's the same way in the LNH. With one thing or another, a lot of the long-standing LNH romances have burned out or faded away, so It'd be nice to see some more exploration of that, especially with all the new characters we've been developing.

Adrian (the Vibranium Age?)