LNH: Looniverse Chronicles #6: "A Missive Received From an Undisclosed Source"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:28:43 PST 2015

On 3/6/2015 3:52 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> WOW THIS IS GREAT.
>
> On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:02:37 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
>
>> I need to write this down while my perspective is still human.
>
>These have been hell of cosmic times for RACC lately, haven't they? First
 > Red Hart and now this. Just Another Cascade #12 is going to be plenty
 > cosmic as well.

Sure would be a good time for Super Wizard to come back, hint hint

>> But we are all creations of it - of the
>> Writers, and especially of the part of them that they don't know is
>> true. They are bigger on the inside, and they cannot see the backs of
>> their own heads, and we live in that space.
>
>This story  is all great and I want to print it out and frame it, but
 > especially this part. This is really the perfect answer to the ongoing
 > question of in what sense can characters have agency in a No Fourth Wall
 > universe.

YEAH. This is going to be an ongoing theme in my stuff - you can also see it
in the ending of LNH v2 #50. It's something I've been thinking about
*basically* since I started reading LNH stories, back in, like, 1996.

>> Thus, there are the Powers. The Power Kirby is just a fancy name for
>> being inspired by Jack Kirby, and that inspiration gives rules and form.
>> The Power Shakespeare, the Power Morrison, these are streams that flow
>> through this world that you can dip your cap into and drink.
>
>This is basically how magic works too, isn't it? The Elder Gods/Ditkoesque
 > cosmic beings/personifications can serve as a similar focus. (Unixepoch for
 > example seems to be the embodiment of "the rules" the narrator mentions,
 > preserving the stability of the Looniverse.)

That's one explanation, though part of the fun of magic is coming up with
different frameworks.

 > One of the ideas we've been playing with post Beige Midnight is that
 > there's been a massive shift in the structure of that creativity--"The
 > rules" have changed, many of the old gods are gone and new ones can emerge.
 > It's a time of uncertainty but also great potential.

It's true! Which also fits the LNH right now.

> Adrian (Cosmic Love!)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, feeling very Daft Punk