LNHY: Death of Trophy Wife #6

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:35:35 PST 2015

On 3/4/2015 7:43 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Andrew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com
> <mailto:pwerdna at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hmmmmm. o.o Your characterizations are closer to the originals, I see. <3
>
> Someday we're going to have a team-up with all the various different Manga
> Girls, exploring how they're simliar and different. (Including the LNH20 one,
> who is kind of underdeveloped at this point.)

Indeed - I've thrown her in in a couple places, but there hasn't been a good
focus point yet.

>     Oh man, you tied in the atheist concentration camps! Of course!
>
> The funny thing is I completely forgot about that when I was writing Ted's
> scene. I guess that part was based more on Arthur's contributions to Daily
> Super Short-Short Story where the first was based more on Saxon's. That puts
> him in a kind of different light--it would take genuine courage to write all
> those letters to the editor in that context.

Yeah! And it gives his characterization a bit of a kick as someone shaped by
defending themselves against a hostile world.

> Anyway, he seems to have shaped
> up to be a sort of counterpart of Self-Righteous Preacher--someone who is
> blinkered and bigoted but has this weird sort of integrity.

And that's so appropriate, especially in a story like this.

>     Is God-Y played by Tommy Wiseau here
>
> I always imagined him as sounding like Strong Bad for some reason.

Dear God. How do you type with unending holy radiance on?

>     (Besides, we post things out of order all the time. It's a tradition!)
>
>     Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, a trophydition.
>
> This week, All-New Hawkeye #1 by Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez came out just
> before the previous series by Matt Fraction and David Aja had fully wrapped
> up. (It was really good btw.) That was kind of weird and frustrating but it
> made me feel a lot better about myself and my own writing habits, I'll tell
> you what.

Huh! Indeed. XD Mind you, I'm glad we've gotten past the Ultimate Wolverine
vs. Hulk era.

> Adrian (All-New Dino-Chicken)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, All-New Man-Thing