SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #38: How Do You Feel About Iraq?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jun 28 16:33:32 PDT 2015

...  I realized I published on schedule last Thursday, but didn't tell
RACC!  So here's the Powernaut, getting controversial.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005f.htm#38

Bonus Section:  Commentary  from Wyatt Ferguson!    U.S. Defense
Contracting

All the links here can be found under  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

It's publicly known that I was a United States defense contractor in the
1980s. I worked on the MX Missile when Ronald Reagan was President!
(ref:  1988/me1.htm)

People say, Iraq has a defense contractor cowboy culture. People forget
the 1980s all too soon. I'd rather forget the 1980s too. Back then, I
was youthful and inspired by 1980s culture-fictional heroism. So I
became so full of ambition, I actually invaded the Soviet Union *myself*
to restore America's glory. It seemed the thing to do then. The U.S. Gov
routinely disavowed its operatives then, so I fit in. That's when I
acquired my alcohol habit... By comparison, the present decade is tame.
Trust me on this.

I've been happy to work for the private sector since then. Still, it was
nostalgic to be a U.S. defense contractor once again. This comic is
reasonably good at portraying it. Karl has some experience with this
too, but he was not as quick to embrace his past as I was.

I know. - Archie Andrews