SW10/WWW: The Superhuman World Wiki: S.O.S.!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 20:16:22 PDT 2015

On 6/20/2015 10:05 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> I have briefly been tempted to bring S.O.S. back, for instance in Powernaut
> 2012.  You may recall my "Predecessors" story, in which I *did* bring Stonewater
> Smith back - for his premiere appearance.  Heh. But usually in my world, dead
> means they *stay* dead.  I think "dead stays dead" will be a good tradition for
> Powernaut comics going forward also.  I envision a Hall of Fame in Power City.

I think occasional resurrections are a useful tactic - for any kind of story
that involves a lot of characters and some of them die, really; you don't have
to go full-out fantastic resurrections, you can always go for 'faked my death'.
And I think the best way to keep it from getting overused and lame is simply to
avoid pointless shock deaths - deaths that are only there to Show How Serious
Something Is. And you do avoid that, so I think you're good.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, no-splosion