TOF: The Truth About Fiction #6

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:44:45 PDT 2015

On 6/9/2015 10:07 AM, Michael D Friedman wrote:

<snip>
>The guard shakes his head, as if he was clearing out the dumbness. Forgive
 > me... as Jamal said, I should be respectful of other cultures. He shakes his
 > head, as if he was clearing out the stupidness. Better?

AAAAA YOU'RE NOT FUNNY AUSTIN >:/ SCREW OFF WITH THESE '90s POLITICAL
CORRECTNESS JOKES

(No, but this is good characterization via narrative voice!)

>The guard hands me two lanyards with our names on them, "Here are your
 > badges. You can use them to get in the gate, and into the Broadcast Center.
 > There's one for you and Mr. Runningbear."
>
> "Can we get one for the goldfish?" I try to joke.
>
>But then it occurs to me and apparently Jamal too. He gives me a weird look,
 > like he's caught me in some lie. I know what he's thinking... How did the
 > guard know his name? Heck, how did he even know there'd be two of us? What's
 > with all these guys named Joe?"

Excellent mysteries!

> I shrug, because I'm asking the same questions.

You could... actually ask the questions. >.> Like there's someone right in front
of you.

> "What's in the Mansion?" I ask.
>
> "Yeah, what's in the Mansion?" agrees Jamal, nervously.
>
> "Nothing," says Guard-Joe.
>
> He smiles an ominous smile.

Well, at least you tried.

>I guess I should note that the two agents were women. Jessica Douglas and
 > Denise James, to be precise. They were both dressed in black suits with black
 > fedoras. They claimed to be with the Dept of Homeland Security, but Peliculas
 > knew better. She'd lived near Fiction long enough to know these two were part
 > of "The Group."

Fascinating. And it's an interesting choice to have Austin narrating Peliculas's
thoughts.

> "I think we should GO," Jamal finally verbalizes himself.
>
> "Don't be a pussy."

AUSTIN YOU CONTINUE TO GET MORE CHARMING >:/ >:/ >:/

>Jamal's goldfish is floating in mid-air about a foot above his fishbowl. He's
 > glowing a neon-green color and he's staring right at me.
>
> "Don't go to the Mansion," says the goldfish.
>
> And with that, Jamal faints.

Welp, time to go to the Mansion!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, mansion ho~