MISC: GODLING # 50 The Return by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 21:49:16 PDT 2015

On 6/5/2015 9:11 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 6/5/2015 1:18 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 10:09:37 PM UTC-4, jvdste... at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
>>>      The Dark Monk holds the wishing jewel above his head. "First, make me as
>>> strong as a god!" The muscles of the Dark Monk grow and he grows a full head
>>> taller.
>>
>> I'm rather glad he didn't specify which.
>
> Huh huh, Kid Review's talking about head.  8{D>

...oh lord, I didn't even think of that. XD I meant which *god* you perv

>>>       "Wow, that was easy," Godling says, slowly getting up. "It would have
>>> saved me a lot of time if you could have used that jewel earlier."
>>>       "I had to fight off some of The Dark Monk's henchmen for it. Thank you
>>> for keeping him busy."
>>>        Godling shrugs. "That's kind of the thing I do. Again."
>>
>> Okay, that's a rather nice resolution. <3 Unexpected teamwork is
>> always nice, and so is the person who the villain took power from taking
>> it back.
>
> Might have been a good moment for the ruler of the Buddhist afterlife to toss in
> some Buddhist philosophy, though.  After all, desire is only a trap.

True true.

>>>      "What are you doing here? I thought you guys were all done with me?"
>>>       "Not entirely. You did some things right. And some of us Olympians like
>>> your style. You can still be a superhero if you want. Using this." With those
>>> words Ares hands Brant a classic theatre mask. "Wear it."
>>
>> Oh man. I like rival heroes operating under different moral codes
>> evenmore. :D This is a *very* good resolution.
>
> And it's refreshing to see the ex-Godling not flying around with Godling
> powers.  But really, *Ares* delivering a *theatre mask*?

You know, Dinoysus was Greek god of the theater, and honestly, it seems like
he'd be on-board with Brant's hedonistic lifestyle. Then again, maybe Ares was
offering it in a symbolic way - as the leader of the "alternative-to-Godling"
faction, this was him staking out a claim. That's very Ares-ish.

> Oh, and the Hyper-Piper of Hypergaard asked me to say, he saw this ending
> coming.  But hey, in a classic comic, how could it not?  (Just wait until I get
> *substitute* Powernauts rolling some day!)

Day of the Losernaut!

> All in all, a good return.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, indeed.