SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #41: DIE, INFIDELS!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jul 17 18:03:14 PDT 2015

Well, I don't recall seeing Vince or Karl in a Powernaut comic after
this.  Could this be... A Shocking, Poignant DEATH?  Or Even TWO???
Whatever incredible thing happens, future series will have to follow up,
because Powernaut 2005 is CONCLUDED!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005f.htm#41

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  President Guvna

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

I've been asked for my opinion on the leadership.  I'm now off-duty, so
I can freely give it.

You may know, I came here from a reality shift.  In my *old* world, the
farthest any of President Bush's sons made it was Governor.  Ellipsis
humiliated President Bush during Operation Total Manhood in 1996, when
the U.S. tried to invade the Bahamas - and lost.  President Rodham
handled foreign policy differently after that, especially in 2001.  But
there was some backlash, which favored *one* of President Bush's sons.

Imagine my surprise when I got to work for Governor George W. Bush of
Texas, as the Guvna's superhuman affairs consultant.  (ref:
2004/aleut.htm)  He got the second best consultant, behind my brother. I
got the second best client, behind at least Governor Corrigan of
California.  (ref: duopol3.htm)  I think I saved Governor Bush from
assassination by Chaos Mages.  But I had to exploit personal connections
to do that.  Those connections made me forever suspect with the Guvna.

Now the Guvna is President - *and* he retroactively got to handle 2001.
  Suffice it to say, the fallout from that is still a hot mess.

I've heard some of you take this reality shift personally - and you
didn't even have to *go through it*.  I *did* go through it. So I'll
just say, I feel your pain.

Author's Notes:

In my opinion, everything in 2005 has been worth publishing as a
Powernaut comic.  Good thing, 'cause I've now published it all.
Occulator Compuplex worked out particularly well once it got rolling.
And in retrospect I can't believe I showed commitment to publish 41
comics about *anything*, let alone about 2005.  The grand total will
pass 180, when I fill in the stuff I've already done first web draft
on...  So it'll be good to get this year done.  And I'll have to think
about how best to make Powernaut 2006 fun and zippy.

I checked... Some of the Scots Guards *did* deploy to Iraq!  I think
they went in 2004 instead of 2005...  Well, too bad.  My universe, my
deployment schedule.  Yay!

(signed) Scott Eiler, 16 July 2015.

I know. - Archie Andrews