LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #60 {HCC54}

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:54:36 PDT 2015

On Sunday, July 5, 2015 at 5:01:40 AM UTC-4, Saxon Brenton wrote:
<snip>
>      The second Anal-Retentive Archive Kid was hanging out with friends
> at a coffee shop near the university.  There was ARAK 2 and...  Hmm, you
> know, I should give the guy a real name.  I mean, he's been around for a
> few years and even got a co-starring role in LNHv2 #50.  Uhm, okay, Fred
> Gnarshteeth.  That'll do.

Fred? Huh.

>      Fred looked over and saw another student, and as it happened
> another orc.  A maths prodigy by the name of Trak who was on the
> gridiron team and had a girlfriend who was in the anime club.

The use of "gridiron" here is a good way to avoid having to specify "American football".

>      Sure, Fred was large and muscular.  But he was an unflattering
> greenish-grey colour, with a bristle of brown hair that he kept trimmed
> short.  More importantly, his face looked like someone had taken a
> felt-tip marker and drawn a very detailed face on a balloon.  All the
> features were there, but looked at from the side he had a bulbous face
> with no prominent chin or nose.  In fact, Fred looked like he *should*
> have a large nose - probably one of those pig-like snouts that you saw
> on the orcs in the Dungeons and Dragons TV cartoons made in the 1980s -
> but it had somehow gotten pushed flat into his face (possibly in an
> incident involving chasing parked cars).

...I dunno, I think that sounds kinda cute. `.`

>      "I guess so," mused Fred.  "But I wonder what happened to make
> him so angry."
<snip>
>      Trak woke up on the floor of a barred cell.

Well that's nice and straightforward.

...fascinating. Where is this even taking place. @.@

>      Even magnified over a mecha loudspeaker system, Trak recognised
> that voice.  It was Aiko.  She had obviously gone to the other members
> of the anime club, and they had used their mecha to come and rescue him!

OF COURSE <3

> Trak had already taken cover, since he knew what the anime
> club got up to with their 1:1 scale reproductions.

Gunpla with plasma guns!

> She was wearing a
> full body combat suit that, leaving only the head, with her lovely
> purple skin and the waving forest of squid-like tentacles on her scalp,
> exposed.

Oooooh, double fascinating. Where's she from?

>      Written for the 54th High Concept Challenge: Neon Talking Super
> Street Bat-Luge! "Insert a character, costume, accessory, secondary
> mutation, or concept that has as its primary motivation the promotion
> of a new addition to the toy-line".

Ahhhh, that's right.

I didn't finish mine. @-@ That's okay, because it was because of Life Events, and it'll come out soonish. <3

> that the Duke of Poughkeepsie is a character
> that I've referred to a few times and whose name derives from the
> L. Sprague de Camp story 'Divide And Rule'.

Innnnteresting. I remember previous references vaguely...

> Ah, but that's not the
> explanation you were interested in, was it?  You want to know what I've
> smoking to get another story that *swerves* so darn much.  Okay, okay,
> fine.  Desperately trying to get a story finished by the contest
> deadline is my drug of choice.

Heck yeah. <3 A cascade from beginning to end.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, catching up post-Life Events (and pre-More Life Events).