SW10/WWW/PRECOG: Powernauts vs. Happy Bears! (Publication Schedule)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jul 10 19:43:07 PDT 2015

Powernaut 2005 has actually lasted *much* longer than Just Another
Cascade That Will Never Have An End.  But even it will end, next week.
So it might be time to discuss the publication schedule.

*  Power-Star Comics 1984, Continued!  It will have at least four more
toy-like comics, much like Manly-Man.  I admire this series because it
(like Power Stars 1944) is one of those popular diversions which winds
up feeding my universe.  Andrew Perron has generously contributed one
toy-like set of heroines, which should throw people for a loop because
they rip off big robots *and* Sailor Moon.  (Heh.  And I'd only planned
to rip off Mighty Orbots.)  ... Anyway, I'm still open for
contributions.  I will also insert some old concepts of mine which
really do belong in the 1980s.  Along those lines...

*  I told Facebook I might replace the Powernaut series with "Happy
Bears", and included some art.  This became the most popular Powernaut
Facebook post ever.  By fan request, I have already prepared a
coloring-book page.  I might have to go with coloring-book pages for
Free Powernaut Comic Day 2016.  And who knows, if fans aren't fickle, I
might have more 1984 series.  But first...

*  Power School 2012!  Six issues.  Observing 1912-2012, 100 Years of
Powernaut!  The new adventures of Paulie Poderr, as he goes through
school with Principal Powernaut, Professor Powernaut, Math Teacher
Powernaut, Liberal Arts Teacher Powernaut, and Coach Powernaut!  Really!
  (Remember 2012, when Avengers Academy and the Wolverine School for
Gifted Youngsters were popular?)  Might Paulie have his own Powernaut
origin in this series?  The answer might surprise you!  And then at last...

*  Powernaut 1985:  Part 1, Hyper-Power Crisis Wars!  Eleven issues.
Those 1984 characters whom Tom Russell challenged me to put into toy
comics, all show up.  I'm confident they'll be all the more interesting
because they will have been introduced in Power-Stars 1984, thank you
Tom.  To be followed by Part 2, Crisis of Multiple Powernauts!  That'll
be eleven more issues.  But I might for once let something in the middle
of the multiple parts, to build the suspense.

Let's see...  One issue a week, with one week between series, counting
on Thursdays when I usually publish... 1 (to complete Powernaut 2005) +
maybe 1 + 5 + 1 + 6 + 1 + 11 + 1 + 11 = 38.  Through the end of 2015 is
25 weeks from yesterday.  Barring more diversions, Powernaut 1985 should
be complete at the end of March 2016.

And that is quite enough precog for now.

I know. - Archie Andrews