LNH/META: LNH v3???

Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:47:28 PDT 2015

So: I'm inclined to think that its' time for the self-titled Legion of
Net.Heroes series to relaunch. We've had a good run for ten-ish years and
sixty-ish issues, but comics and the internet have changed a lot since
Jamie Rosen started that series in 2005. There are new kinds of
storytelling to explore and new audiences to reach. I figure it's time to
make a new start.

LNH v2 #58.5 will likely be the final issue of LNH v2, even though there
are technically a couple issues after that, as superhero comics numbering
is even more complicated and perverse than other measurements of
chronology. We've already got two new-ish series that serve the functions
LNH v2 has been used for lately--Looniverse Chronicles for world-building
stories and Just Another LNH Title for self-contained stories with the core
LNH.

I figure LNH v3 would be a different animal. The thing is, I have a good
idea of what I want to do with it but not, at this point, how it should be
organized as a whole. My idea here would be to do sort of "widescreen"
stories with the core LNH cast, but still with the kind of goofiness and
sense of fun that makes the LNH distinctive, and express the most resonant
and cool (in its signature dorky way) things about the LNH--vaguely the LNH
equivalent of Morrison's JLA. Something that brings in the kind of scale
and excitement and also the kind of humor and personality we've had in the
Marvel movies, but goes further in imagination and diversity than they ever
would.

I'd write these up as a series of short arcs--with chapters of maybe 5000
words each at most.  and mostly at 4 parts.  They'd be bigger than the
self-contained LNH stories but smaller than Beige Midnight or the enormous
cascades we've had--the kind of thing that'd be easier to draw in interest
from the wider net. Hopefully I'd rotate writing them with other people.
That'd both give everyone a chance to build the LNH's future and keep me
from having to write three ongoing series *and* original projects *and* my
dissertation. I'm not actually sure how to handle it in organizational
terms though--how do we "tag" different writers for alternating arcs? What
kind of deadlines do we have? Am I even making any sense with this pitch?
I'd really like peoples' input here.

Ideally this'd coincide with Drew's relaunch of LNH Comics Presents as a
Mighty Medley type of thing, and we'd post the first issues of each on the
same day. That said, I know not to overschedule myself at this point.

---
Adrian "The Dark Spaceknight" McClure, now with sig
"All spelling errors are to be ingored"--Stephen Ratliff