SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #40: Welcome to Basra, Ye Lot

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jul 10 18:24:36 PDT 2015

And *ye* must be the Powernaut...  It's Iraq vs. the Powernaut vs. the
Scots Guards!  Who will win?  We *will* find out next issue...
Powernaut 2005, the whole year, Will Be CONCLUDED!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005f.htm#40

Bonus Section:  Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson!  March Through Basra!?

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

I was honored to be working with a battalion of the famous Scots Guards
as they did a tour of duty in Iraq, and to support them against a
*different* insurgency than the American troops faced.  I've commented
on that at length in my own story of this same mission, at
2005/occulator.htm#army .  Iraq had insurgencies in my home universe
too, but the United Nations pretty well took care of those.  The UN
really did kick some ass there.

Anyway... The instructions specifically said, "Wear your normal
clothing." This applies equally to me and the Powernaut.  My normal
clothing is Mighty White Voyageur, and the Powernaut is a blazing bright
target which puts even me to shame.  Need I say more, about marching
through Basra?

Fortunately Karl and I had both prepared.  (see next entry)

I know. - Archie Andrews