SW10: New Bosnia #5: The Land of Plans and Castles

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jan 27 20:01:08 PST 2015

On 1/26/2015 11:18 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 1/17/2015 10:43 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>> Then the bunny spoke.
>
> Everybody got that?

In story, I think only Scott Stiles heard it, and he wasn't sure what to
make of it.

>> "Now you make sense, Mister Scott Stiles Super Savior From Beyond."
>
> *tsk tsk* Always trust the bunny.

Ah, but the next word was "Meanwhile..."

>> In a makeshift lab, technicians were analyzing two cubes.  One had
>> scattered colors and the other all black, but both were inactive.

And if Our Resistance Fighters were to dash off to grab them...  well,
they still could, and I guess they'd still find *one* Kube.  Maybe they
have someone *else* infiltrating security there to let them inside the
Embassy - but that's just too easy.  It's pretty amazing they've gotten
as far as they have, really.

>> Outside the Embassy, the Sultan removed his glasses. His eyes
>> spouted flame. He grew wings, then took flight. Then he grew a duck
>> beak, laughed gratingly, then said, "Decisions, decisions."
>
> DUN DUN DUN!
>
>> He was really Psychovant the Duck, using his shape-changing powers.
>> And he was on the move.
>
> That first sentence is a bit redundant.

So is the second, really, since we already know he's flying.  And I
admit *almost* anyone in this group who has made it this far into this
story probably knows the guy with the duck bill is Psychovant the Duck.
  However, I plead that any story can be someone's first exposure to the
whole series.  We have new readers here, right?  And I myself am trying
some Mighty Medley serials I hadn't tried yet, so I'm finding it useful
to know that certain German leaders of the modern age are really Nazis,
even if that same point has been made in each of twelve other issues.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews