SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #28: He's... Holding... North America??

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jan 27 19:43:57 PST 2015

On 1/27/2015 9:48 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 11:28 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 1/26/2015 12:38 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>>
>>> Ooooh, yeah. You could have also shown the rest of the Earth with that
>>> piece scooped out.
>>
>> I suppose I could have, but only if Spanker 4 had really wanted to
>> play Show and Tell. And then things would have gotten weird,
>> because the Powernaut and company were *standing* on that part of
>> the Earth.
>
> Hm, but if you showed things from the Powernaut's POV while he was
> flying thru space at Spanker 4...

Ah, but by then Spanker 4 had come down to Earth to taunt his human
enemies.  He may have been large when the Powernaut hit him, but he
wasn't planet-sized.  So he was *inside* the jar with the Powernaut.

And North America may have looked smaller than Spanker 4, but that might
have been a miniaturized toy version or an optical illusion.  If Spanker
4 has shrunk it with Engine-of-Reality powers, it will stay shrunk.  So
North America and its jar are (probably) outside the jar the rest of the
planet is in.  This could be important for future issues...

Still, a big RUMBLE might have made sense as North America was sliced
from the core of the Earth.  I might have spared another strip for that
plus some more posturing.  But oh well, Powernauts like action.

I know. - Archie Andrews