SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #28: He's... Holding... North America??

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Jan 26 20:28:25 PST 2015

On 1/26/2015 12:38 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> And I should have considered actually putting North America in a
>> jar.  Everything is cooler in a jar.  Even the severed head of Satan
>> is cooler in a jar.
>
> Ooooh, yeah. You could have also shown the rest of the Earth with that
> piece scooped out.

I suppose I could have, but only if Spanker 4 had really wanted to play
Show and Tell.  And then things would have gotten weird, because the
Powernaut and company were *standing* on that part of the Earth.

>>> Fascinating. o.o How is "doom" defined here?
>>>
>>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and is it a takeoff on a Marvel
>>> concept like some of the other concepts in the universe?
>>
>> Good question, and the answer is basically different for each Doom
>> Creature.
>> You may recall, the Doom Koala of Speed is even a hero.  He's not my own
>> character, so I'm not entirely sure what his creator intended.
>
> Ah, fascinating! How'd that happen?

1.  I invented the Doom Bear in the 1980s, when I was getting really
annoyed with Care Bears.  Ellipsis and his allies soon disposed of the
Doom Bear.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/1988/balance8.rtf

2.  One of my game-playing friends independently invented the Doom Koala
of Speed.

3.  I ran gaming campaigns in which Ellipsis was the main non-player
character.  When my friend brought the Doom Koala in, I said, "Sure, I
have a place for him."  My friend promptly responded, "You do??"

4.  I eventually brought into the game a Doom Creature for every
continent - minus North America because oddly enough, dead creatures
usually stay dead in my world.  It was revealed that the Doom Creatures
are avatars of the end of the world - but they don't usually fight to
bring that end about, unless they've been ensorceled or something.  Some
of them treat humans as pets.

I know. - Archie Andrews