SW10: New Bosnia #5: The Land of Plans and Castles

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:18:49 PST 2015

On 1/17/2015 10:43 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
> Then the bunny spoke.

Everybody got that?

> "Oh, right.  I got *shot* in these clothes."
>
> "What?  Just now?"
>
> "No, the other day...

Hah. <3

> What kind of spy gear is *that*?"  Scott pointed at the
> headgear.
>
> "It is a telephone.  Do you not have those where you come from?"
>
> "We do, but they look different...

Yes good! Similar technology with different presentation in different
universes IS MY JAM.

> "Thanks..."  The word Rahway meant nothing to Scott.  "Might as well get to
> business.  What do you want with me?"
>
> "Want with you?   ... Oh.  Want *from* you."
>
> "That's one way of putting it."
>
> "You speak weird English.

Differently-evolving dialects in different timelines IS ALSO MY JAM.

> "No!"  Scott and Natalie both turned, as a voice squeaked from the doorway.
> The bunny was awake.  And he said,  "Get... cubes!"
>
> Natalie was stunned, but Scott wasn't so surprised.  "So you *do* talk, li'l
> buddy...  Cubes of what?"
>
> "Kubrick's... cubes!   Power objects!"
>
> "What?  Stanley Kubrick has power objects?"

Man, if you can't believe *that*, you must *really* have a monolithic
worldview. >:/ ...~``

> "So, storm the Embassy for some power thing?  Or free an army?  I vote for the
> army."
>
> "Now you make sense, Mister Scott Stiles Super Savior From Beyond."

*tsk tsk* Always trust the bunny.

> In a makeshift lab, technicians were analyzing two cubes.  One had scattered
> colors and the other all black, but both were inactive.

Fascinating.

> Outside the Embassy, the Sultan removed his glasses.  His eyes spouted flame.
> He grew wings, then took flight.  Then he grew a duck beak, laughed gratingly,
> then said, "Decisions, decisions."

DUN DUN DUN!

> He was really Psychovant the Duck, using his shape-changing powers.  And he
> was on the move.

That first sentence is a bit redundant.

> Of course I concentrate on Powernaut stories.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/index.htm)  But I am working *nine
> weeks* ahead of Powernaut deadline now.  That means I have just finished one
> series, completely drawn another such that it is ready for coloring, and
> started drawing the one after that.  And that doesn't count my traditional
> one-week break between series.  So I should really channel my
> obsessive-compulsive energies in another direction, at least for one
> afternoon.  So I have driven this story *one day* forward.

Hell yeah!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, catchin' up!