SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #28: He's... Holding... North America??

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 25 14:48:56 PST 2015

On 1/25/2015 10:54 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 1/25/2015 12:39 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005e.htm#28
>
> Man. I'd love a super-detailed splash-page version of Spanker 4 fighting
> an almost-too-tiny-to-even-see version of the Powernaut, drawn by George
> Perez or Bill Sienkiewicz or Alan Davis or somebody.

... In our dreams.  But I do still have to publish my more detailed art
to Tumblr today.  And I take requests!

>> And it's important to point out... That wasn't the whole planet.
>> It was just one continent. People have asked me what's on the other
>> side of North America in that picture. The other side was a slice
>> of the center of Earth.
>
> Huh. o.o Neat!
>
> (Though the way it was drawn, I just assumed he was holding the whole
> planet.)

I know.  I blame lots of North-America-centric views of Earth for that
phenomenon.  And I should have considered actually putting North America
in a jar.  Everything is cooler in a jar.  Even the severed head of
Satan is cooler in a jar.

>> But *scooping out a continent* was done with the power of a Doom
>> Creature - the (slaughtered) Doom Panda of Gravity from Asia.
>> That's how powerful Doom Creatures are. They seem silly, and they
>> walk among humans sometimes (especially the Doom Koala of Speed),
>> but they are Doom incarnate.
>
> Fascinating. o.o How is "doom" defined here?
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and is it a takeoff on a Marvel
> concept like some of the other concepts in the universe?

Good question, and the answer is basically different for each Doom
Creature.  You may recall, the Doom Koala of Speed is even a hero.  He's
not my own character, so I'm not entirely sure what his creator
intended.  However, what happens to Superhuman World 2022 is basically
Doom for this purpose.

I know. - Archie Andrews