SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #28: He's... Holding... North America??

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:54:18 PST 2015

On 1/25/2015 12:39 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> Why yes, this is going way beyond spanking.  But the Powernaut is not backing
> down!  Occulator Compuplex is seeing some action now.
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005e.htm#28

Man. I'd love a super-detailed splash-page version of Spanker 4 fighting an
almost-too-tiny-to-even-see version of the Powernaut, drawn by George Perez or
Bill Sienkewicz or Alan Davis or somebody.

> And it's important to point out... That wasn't the whole planet.  It was just
> one continent.  People have asked me what's on the other side of North America
> in that picture.  The other side was a slice of the center of Earth.  The rest
> of Earth went into its own bottle while Spanker 4 took this slice, so the
> molten bits didn't slop out.  I think Doom Creatures built that other bottle,
> because they were determined Earth would face no doom except from them.  I was
> standing inside that other bottle.

Huh. o.o Neat!

(Though the way it was drawn, I just assumed he was holding the whole planet.)

> I keep talking about Engines in this series, especially the Engine of
> Permanence.  Things which were done with Engines, were permanent.  But
> *scooping out a continent* was done with the power of a Doom Creature - the
> (slaughtered) Doom Panda of Gravity from Asia.  That's how powerful Doom
> Creatures are.  They seem silly, and they walk among humans sometimes
> (especially the Doom Koala of Speed), but they are Doom incarnate.

Fascinating. o.o How is "doom" defined here?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and is it a takeoff on a Marvel concept
like some of the other concepts in the universe?