DIVA: Jetbird and the Kid #0

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:03:24 PST 2015

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:01:27 PM UTC-6, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 1/8/2015 10:04 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> > On 1/8/2015 10:52 AM, deucexm wrote:
> >
> >> Jetbird Leone and the Black Mamba Kid: A DiVerse Alpha Chronicle
> >
> > Weird Westerns <3
> >
> >>     They say that the desert frontier wasn't always a desert; that
> >> once, long ago,
> >> it was full of plants and water and all kinds of beautiful,
> >> flourishing life.  They
> >> say something happened, but ain't a soul around now that knows what, I
> >> reckon.  All
> >> we know is that now it's all sand and dust and rock - and metals and
> >> chemicals and
> >> strange, twisted beasts.
> >
> > Postapocalyptic fantasy Westerns <3 <3 <3
>
> I wasn't assuming the continents were anything like our world, but I
> kind of was expecting The Desert to be the Sahara.  Now, I'm just
> *assuming* this is the *same* desert...

Heehee.  Oh no, no indeed; Jetbird & the Kid is set on a planet called Viral, which is the same one on which the Steampunk arc of the 'main' DiVerse plot takes place - this is actually a precursor to that, to some extent.  (But you haven't read any of that yet.)  Salon DYAL stories, for now at least, take place on Slate, which is a completely separate planet.  And Anakh's world is somewhere else entirely - and in the midst of all this, the human race /still/ originated on Terra, which is of course none of these three places previously mentioned.

DIVA is, ah, kind of expansive.  :)