SW10/WWW: Powernaut 2005 #30: The Powernaut Was Right!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Feb 7 11:35:25 PST 2015

We Win!  ... well, maybe not so fast.  Occulator Compuplex continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2005e.htm#30

Bonus Section:  Commentary  from Wyatt Ferguson!    User-Friendly

All the links here can be found under  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

I *think* I once contacted the Power behind the Engines. (ref:
../1988/me2.htm) It said, "None will ever know. All must believe." But I
got some subtext... "You think it's so easy being God? Try it
yourselves!" So I've tried it a few ways, including via the Engines.

It's been supposed that universal power is too much for a human mind to
handle. But in my experience, the Engine-Gems of Reality are easily
handled. It is as though they *want* to be used. You may never
understand them all, but they won't overload your brain any more quickly
than a dictionary will. The main problem with using them is, they tend
to break things much more easily than they fix them. It's like having
the root password to reality. They do have an Undo capability, though -
unless the Engine of Permanence is there.

At some level, even Spanker 4 realized the Engines could break things it
wasn't his mission to break. That is likely why he barely used them at
all, and only against the creatures which were directly opposing him. I
know this because... well, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I know. - Archie Andrews