META: Old tales

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Dec 29 18:49:57 PST 2015

On 2015-12-29 18:32, George Phillies wrote:

> Back when I was circulating This Shining Sea through here, I saw many of
> the period tales, two decades ago.  However, then and until recently I
> was using a text browser (PINE), and therefore there were not real hints
> that I could see there was any artwork. The Continentals artwork was a
> real surprise favorably in quality. I have not looked farther, so you
> are all welcome to tell me that some of the rest is even better.

err, no, you are seeing the top of the line in artwork which I have ever
seen for this group.  Except if you look up "Chevalier", you will see
that same artist's work in color.

Perhaps you saw my review of "The Web Comics" today.  The Powernaut (see
Part 1:  Introduction and SW10) is actually one of those.  I didn't
think of that, because the fictional people who write my reviews think
of him as an extension of my prose fiction.  Perhaps I should
recategorize him right now.

The remaining RACC web comic is "Ripping Off King Arthur".  For that I
would recommend the "Suicide in Destiny City" miniseries, to see this
Writer and Artist develop toward his full potential.

... hmm, if I didn't say this stuff for the record in End-of-Year
Reviews, perhaps I should republish!

I know. - Archie Andrews