MISC: The Girl Who Saved the World, Part 10

Drew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:29:33 PST 2015

On 11/26/2015 4:38 PM, George Phillies wrote:
> The oven clock said my half past dark was in fact only an hour past
> sunset.

That's an interesting way to put it. Eclipse has an interesting inner voice.

> Somehow, I continue to believe the Lesser Maze will never be a
> major competitor as a weight-loss machine.  Not with that casualty rate.

I mean, compared to diet culture... >:/

> In fact,
> when I met Valkyria, my garb had been immaculate, down to the flawless
> drape of my cape.  I’d remembered to flare the cape so the video
> audience could see my sigil.

Style, m'dear, style~

> Rules engines, your
> opinions? The usual warning is that you can carry one rules engine
> ‘Marksman on how to shoot’, or if you’re really good a second ‘Medico on
> how to  use your healing matrix,’ but if you try four rules engines you
> go bats.  Mum knew how to break that limit.   I’m a working
> demonstration.  I have like fifty of them floating around, actually not
> inside my head where they’d cause problems, all being called at once.

Interesting, interesting. These seem to be downloadable mental programs of some
kind? And she seems to be offloading them into external memory.

(Also, I don't know if those titles quite format right.)

> The
> emergency priority flag on ‘Psychist – going bats for fun and profit’
> was firmly warning me.  The Lesser Maze was too much for almost anyone,
> and I was building up pressure again about Mum.  Okay, I don’t know why
> she threw me out of the house, those six months ago, but she was right.
>    I can take care of myself.  I just wish I didn’t have to, not with no
> advance notice.  But still…and for a moment bitter tears overwhelmed me.

Awwwwwww... poor girl. *COSMIC HUG!*

Drew "though doing something people have failed at throughout human history is a
heck of an example of 'the best revenge is living well'" Perron