[LNH20/HCC] Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #14: 'Symbols' [HCC55]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:09:43 PDT 2015

On 8/28/2015 5:55 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:
<snip>
> By co-incidence Arthur's series of LNH wiki retrospectives made
> me think:
> "Oh yeah.  There'll be an entry for Professor Penumbra.  I wonder
> if there's any stories that I've missed or that I'm simply
> blanking on that show I should be writing him as something other
> than Occultism Kid with the serial numbers filed off."
>
> Answer: There's a few subtle points of differentiation.  But, no,
> for the most part their characteristics tend to blend together
> in my headspace.

I definitely think it's more than "subtle". PP's backstory is one of the most
fascinating parts of him, I'd say, especially his heritage as an adventurer
first and mystic second, who became a greater mystic than most simply because of
a combination of time, place, and need.

That said, a situation like this doesn't make the most of the differences - as
psychopomps, both PP and OK would be looking to gently guide the spiritually
ambiguous where they need to go and show them what they need to see. So your
story came out fine, IMHO.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, also, he's just rad.